Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2009

Here's another photo of Primavera de Bien Vee while being shown. She's a USA National Pleasure Champion Filly Winner. This photo is by Larry Williams.

PrimaveraDeBienVee.Rdr.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2009 edited

Ministro, Bay Stallion son of Resorte IV X Buguena or La Buguena ( Chucuano/La Milonga=Monarca/Monadera; DOB 10/6/80, PFHA #6267. I think this stallion carries a good deal of the dam.

Ministro.Res4.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2009 edited

Resorte IV riding with his pappa, Resorte III. Resorte III is on the left, and Resorte IV is on the right. Resorte III is 20 years old, and Resorte IV is eight years old in this photo that was taken in 1980 in Medellin. This is such a historic photo with Raffi Rivera riding Resorte III, and Maria Isabel Ochoa riding Resorte IV.

Resorte3Lft.Resorte4.Medellin1980.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2009 edited

Another great historical photo of Resorte IV and his offspring at the Feria de Medellin, Agosto 1980.

ResorteIVAndOffspringFeriaDeMedellin.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2009 edited

Well, speaking of "Perfume," in the Resorte III thread, here are some great photos I'll be posting of Contratista, contributed by the "TW," aka Terry Wallace. Contratista hangs his hat in Colorado, or did. He is Resorte IV and a Perfume grandson (Resorte I). He is 25 years old in this photo. I need to check the pedigree on this one.

Some of Contratista's feats include: 1989 Grand National Bella Forma Champion, 1989 High Point Bella Forma Champion, 1989 Classic Fino Junior Youth Champion,1990 Classic Fino 4th National Champion,1997 West Coast Bella Forma Championship

ContratistaAge25.MelissaMcIntosh09.2005.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2009 edited

More Contratista with Andres Mejia, what a great photo! His butt looks Resorte III in this one.

Contratista.AndresMejia.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2009 edited

Contratista, Best in the West, 2006 Mile High Show, Colorado, 26 years old.

ContratistaMileHi.06BestInWest.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2009

"Groom Time," Contratista, September of 2005.

ContratistaGroomTime.09.05.jpg
    • CommentAuthorTWallace

TRUE...these photos came from my "collection"..however...photo credit for Contratista being ridden by Melissa McIntosh (wearing the blue baseball cap) was taken by her mom, Helene McIntosh. The photo of Contratista best in the west was taken possibly by either Kelly or Denise Ireland when they had Contratista here in Colorado. Contratista still stands at stud...but he is in the Carolinas now. The shoulders on Contratista are AMAZING...just look at the angle and SIZE of the shoulder blade bone!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

Yowza! They are definitely very prominent. They're more prominent than Resorte IV's, though that's where I think he gets them from.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2009 edited

Contratista was born 4/25/80, in Colombia, S.A., and imported to the USA by the Mejia family (El Juncal). He was a Top Ten Sire in 2001 (3347 offspring points). He was also shown many times Nationally in Fino classes in which he placed, as well as Bella Forma as noted above. He's produced the National Champions Bailadora de Don Francisco, Colombina del Juncal, Calcita RM and Caracol del Juncal (aka Caracol de Tallaboa in Puerto Rico) to name a few. He's reported to be over 14 hands high. See page 1 of this topic for photos of some offspring.

• CommentAuthorTWallace
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2009

Colombina del Juncal is an awesome mare to be sure! I love her pinto offspring....
    • CommentAuthorRegalado
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2009

I saw Contratista when he was at Don Francisco.....he's a tall boy and Mr. Gavina told me he was 15.1H....I can't verify his exact height.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009

Thanks for that info Regalado. I had no idea he was that tall!

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2009 edited

Here's one of Contratista's pinto offspring, Charlotte.

ContratistaPintoCharlotte.CarolinaSinPar.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009 edited

Elegante de Tocador, Black Stallion, DOB 3/8/97, PFHA #34362; Barro Colorado de La Soja X La Venganza de America. He's Full Colombian.

Elegante is a Performance champion, 2000 Spectrum, Amateur-Owner, National Amateur-Owner Schooling Colts/Geldings in Performance, and came in 4th in the Grand National Performance Stallions Championship.

No photo of Elegante, but here's one of his dad, Barro Colorado.

BarroColorado.Res4.Milongeta.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009

I have read in more than one location that Contratista is a reported 14.3 Hands. Not sure how tall he is, but he's also reported to be over 15 hands (see above).

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009 edited

I had this girly under the wrong thread under Carmin. She's Resorte IV, but not Carmin, no? Pecadora J-Dos-C, Piloto de Resorte Cuarto (Resorte 4/Gacela=Triunfo lines) X La Santa=Profeta Cabinera lines; World Champion in 1999, also GNC in 1997 and 1999. Reserve GNC in 1995 and 1998, National Champion Pleasure Amateur-Owner Schooling Open in 1995. National Champion in 1996, 1998 and 1999.

PecadoraJDosC.Piloto.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009 edited

EL GRAN LIO QUE NOTA,  Chestnut Stallion, DOB 2/2/86, PFHA #10457, Resorte IV X Carmelita del Rosa = Conejo que tal (Mahoma=Triunfo/Mecita de Salgar X Blazita=Plumaje/Manzanita) and Escusha que tal (Hilachas X Cucuracha=Estrellas/Companera). This horse is double Mahoma  El Gran Lio is full Colombian. El Gran's dam, Carmelita del Rosa, her grand ancestors are all Colombian imports, and all I believe to be imported by Meridian Meadows. Carmelita's sire is bay, dam is black, Carmelita is registered as a chestnut. Her maternal granddam, Blazita, is registered as buckskin.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009 edited

CALANDRIA DE GRACIA, Chestnut Mare, DOB 5/7/91, PFHA #17422, El Gran Lio que Nota (see just above) X Cordelia de Gracia - Alcon (Mariachi International/Tentacion) X Cortesia que tal (Mahoma/Rosada), Full Colombian, double Mahoma through sire and dam, but both on the maternal side of the pedigrees. The little paso in the picture is a colt by the Pure Puerto Rican stud Saladin, so he's a "halfer." This is or was Marelyn Valdes' horse and photo.

CalandriaDeGraciaAndSaladinColt.MarelynV.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009 edited

More Resorte IV Photos. This is a closeup of his head and neck, left side. Resorte IV is where Amadeus derived his head profile to some degree.

ResorteIV.LftSdHdNck.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009

Here's another photo of Resorte IV, not very good, but this angle reminds me of Ambar del Ocho, though Ambar also is much better looking than his photos. Certain angles can really distort conformation.

ResorteIV.LftSdBdy.SmallHeadjpg.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009 edited

AMADEUS, AMADEUS DE RESORTE CUARTO - Resorte IV or Cuarto X Maria Centeno

Amadeus2Head.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009 edited

PREDILECTA DEL FUEGO,  Chestnut Mare, DOB #/30/92, PFHA #19006, El Gran Lio que nota X Ruperta de Prodeco. Predilecta was Top No. 1 Mare for 2004 due to son Don Fernando by 222 and daughter Hechicera PM by Ponderosa Coloso. Ruperta de Prodeco is Carbonero de Prodeco (Jibarito/Diosa de Prodeco=Delirio by Desvelo/Pandereta X Canaria=Custodio/Sirena) X Chicanera de Prodeco=Artigas (Desvelo/Molinera=Pirata/Monera Vieja) and Serenata de Prodeco = Petrarca(Rey Cometa/La Marina) X Bruja.

Predilecta's sire's info, El Gran Lio que nota: Chestnut Stallion, DOB 2/2/86, PFHA #10457, Resorte IV X Carmelita del Rosa = Conejo que tal (Mahoma=Triunfo/Mecita de Salgar X Blazita=Plumaje/Manzanita) and Escusha que tal (Hilachas X Cucuracha=Estrellas/Companera). This horse is double Mahoma  El Gran Lio is full Colombian. El Gran's dam, Carmelita del Rosa, her grand ancestors are all Colombian imports, and all I believe to be imported by Meridian Meadows. Carmelita's sire is bay, dam is black, Carmelita is registered as a chestnut. Her maternal granddam, Blazita, is registered as buckskin.

PredilectaDelFuego.GranLioQueNota.RupertaDeProdeco.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009 edited

KATIUSKITA DE CALIDAD,  aka KATIUSKITA (grand daughter of Katiuskita del Ocho, shortened to Katiuskita) Colombian Import to the USA, USA Multi-Champion; USA National Performance Champion, and USA Grand National Performance Champion Bay Mare, DOB 10/2/86, PFHA #10486, double Resorte IV mare, KATIUSKITO, aka Katiuskito del Ocho (Resorte IV/Katiuskita, aka Katiuskita del Ocho=Centinela/Katiuska Salamina del Ocho=Monarca by Zar or Cometa and Consentida X Media Luna=Moreno/Freskola) X PASION (Resorte IV X Pasionaria=Gaucho II/Sonrisa. Gaucho II is Gaucho/Hortensia. Sonrisa is Cometa and Carcaiada).

Katiuskita de Calidad's half sister, Quien La Ve del Ocho (purportedly two creme genes), is dam to Quien Lo Ve del Ocho, a black Fino Amadeus son owned by Nancy Flick in Texas. If Quien La Ve del Ocho had two creme genes, that means the horse would pass one creme gene on to all offspring, which I don't think she did.

Katiuskita de Calidad's dam Pasion was also a USA Grand National FINO Champion Mare. Pasion is a Colombian Import to the USA.

Katiuskita de Calidad  is full Colombian. Notice in the second photo how she points her toe.

Third photo is Katiuskita at the Largo.....she's a pretty snazzy gal.

KatiuskitaDeCalidad1.jpg
      KatiuskitaDeCalidad2ToePnt.jpg
      KatiuskitaDeCalidad6LargoCpy.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009 edited

MARCAPASO, Resorte IV X Intriga, imported from Colombia, DOB 8/9/80, PFHA #10231. This horse was in Texas, and some of the breedings are part Peruvian. I'm not sure of Intriga's pedigree. This Marcapaso isn't to be confused with the Colombian import "Marcapasos" who is Rescate del Ocho X Daleska (Resorte IV X Hidalga=Pesares/Popea.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2010 edited

Caracol del Juncal again, aka Tallaboa (in Puerto Rico). He was Reserve Grand Champion at 2001 Spectrum, Grand Champion at a Palm Beach, Florida show, at Ponce Internacional, and at Copa Don Q in Puerto Rico also; 3rd place at USA Nationals in the Paso Fino Stallion Fino Class 2001, Grand Champion at 2002 PROPASO.

CaracolDelJuncal.akaTallaboa.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2010

EL RELAMPAGO DLM - El Mejor DLM X Saavedra Cabal (Hilachas/Fabuta que tal-Crio que tal (Mahoma/Salpicada) X Zaraza--Colombian Import Mare), Grey Gelding, DOB 1/7/94, PFHA #22151.

EL MEJOR DLM - Excelencio de Resorte IV X Pandora de Prodeco=Bochica/Diosa de Prodeco=Delirio/Canaria.
              EXCELENCIO DE RESORTE IV (Resorte IV X Enigmatica) 
    is Half Pure Puerto Rican Lines on the Dam's side (Enigmantica, Puerto Rican
              Import Mare=Marco Antonio/Enigma).

ElRelampagoDLMCpy.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2011 edited

CHARLIE - Resorte IV X La Lopez=Ruisenor X La Joya=Cerezo/La Porcelana=Carnaval/La Velez, Bay Stallion, 1991 Spectrum Champion Fino Stallion; 1986 Grand National USA Fino Stallion; DOB 5/25/80, Colombian Import to USA, PFHA #7271, Charlie is RIP as of the year 2011.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011

LA ZOTA DE COPA, registered as a roan, also described as a red roan bay, obviously is incorrect. She had two offspring registered as buckskins, which would carry a creme gene. She probably had roaning, therefore, the rationale behind the reference to her as being a "roan." Roan requires a genetic "roan" designation, a roan gene. She is Marcapasos X La Tarantula (Ensueno de Colombia X Marquesa Intenational=Caruso II/Lyra, both Pistolero offspring. La Tarantula was a buckskin. Marquesa International was grey Colombian Import Mare, but underneath, carried a creme gene, probably a buckskin, which is one creme gene on Bay.

LA ZOTA DE COPA won 3rd placement in the Grand National Championship of Produce of Dam in 2002.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2012

Resorte IV photo

ResorteIVLftSdRdr.jpg