Not signed in (Sign In)

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2007 edited

Angel Pintado PJ
      AngelPintadoPJ.jpg
    • CommentAuthorTampa333

Pinto colt Harlequin de Alexandra, by two homozygous pinto parents.  Not the best picture, but one we used to register him several months ago.  I own his dam, Catalina Sin Par.

EDIT: I'm adding this front view of Harlequin in this slot, since the original photo, side view, I enlarged just below. Rawlie

PintoColt.Harlequin.CatalinaSinPar.Mo2.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2007

Marelyn, do you know that Catalina was up for sale years ago for $25,000.00. I don't know if she sold for that exact amount, but just about pert near it. Look at all that lovely shade. Is that your place, Mo? I wouldn't worry about the photos. People make too much to do about them. I look at the meat and potatoes of the photo, the horse,  not the fancy frills of the prettiness of the photograph itself. You can flip through any magazine and get that. I like the backyard, home-grown photos best. Hmmn, notice all the gastronomous metaphors....I must be hungry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

Here's a cropped, closeup of Harlequin for you Marelyn.

Harlequin.PintoColtMo.jpg
    • CommentAuthorTampa333

Wow, had no idea Catalina was selling for that amount!  I got her in foal to a homozygous stallion and she's just out there hanging in the pasture.  Andy Wen told me she was a pleasure mare when I got her from him.  She is very sweet (and I don't have any pictures of her).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2007

I have pictures of her Mo. She was down in Texas for awhile. I'll post them when I can.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

This is Cedeno Estaban. My absolute most favorite pinto. He was one of those that also went through the Paso Fino Horse Auction. Photos courtesy Sundance Paso Finos. He is Geurrero de Besilu (Latigo=Ladrillo) X Surcadora de Besilu on top, and Krishna Estaban (Domino/La Maya). One of the better quality pinto paso finos ever.

CedenoLftSd.Pinto 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2007 edited

"SPRITO" - This is Espirto de los Robles. He is a very nice pinto, huge largo, high-stepping. He is VERY correct in conformation. Photos sometimes can be misleading. He does not toe out and he is not cowhocked in the least. He is a very loving, animated horse, and gorgeous to boot. He is Hilago Sin Par (Hilachoso Cabal - Hilachas) X the famed Dali Sin Par (El Pastor) on top. His dam is Nicole Greco, with Cubano lines on her bottom line and El Pastor also. This horse is a very well-bred pinto.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

Rhapsody in Blue. She's a Profeta de Besilu/Monarca de Besilu great granddaughter. She is also Kera que tal. She's a grulla pinto.

ADDED: Another photo of Blue with her mother, Kera mi Amor (though you can't see much of her), a Profeta de Besilu granddaughter, with Kera que tal on the bottom. Kera mi Amor resembles both the Profeta and Kera que tal lines.

Rhapsody.Frt.Rt. 001.jpg
      RhapsodyInBlue.KeraCpy.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLeAnn

Lets see where to start.

Guess I can start with  Durango Estaban Mir. 

He is a 7 yr old stallion

DurangoEstabanMir.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2007

LeAnn, do you have a full body shot of him? I've always like this horse. His lines are different ones from the usual Puerto Rican ones in a Pinto. They're on the dam's side. He's a Pegasus Dos son.
    • CommentAuthorLeAnn

Here is one. I like him he is one very smart horse and so very gaited.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

Yes Le Ann, I like him too. I bet he is well gaited. My Pegasus Dos son is very well-gaited also.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2007 edited

El Comandante Bien Vee, 1999 Reserve National Champion. I believe it was in Performance if I remember correctly. Another Bien Vee pinto, a mare won the National Pleasure Championship. He is by Andante de Besilu (Plebeyo/LaDeuda=double Chucuano) and Tarara Mi Batey (Gaucho de Besilu=Ilustre/Caucanita III & MiDeso F=PPR). He is very consistent, and a little machine. I have other color photos of him, and video of the Nationals which I will be putting up on the forum, along with other videos, one by one, little by little, inch by inch, lol; so here's a black-and-whiter until I do. BTW and FYI, there were 40 horses in the competition, so this nonsense about pintos don't place and win is nonsense in my mind. He was placed 1st  by one out of three judges. If the pintos can do it, to my way of thinking, so can the PPRs. I'll have to double-check on whether it was the Performance or the Pleasure Class.Photo courtesy Larry Williams.

ElComandanteBienVee.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2007 edited

Pintita Pita Pie. This little cutie is by Sprito, the black-and-white beauty above, and out of Hechizada Elan. These are excellent bloodlines, fino and pleasure champions all through out the pedigree, top and bottom. I hope to see her in the show ring one day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2007 edited

This is Angel de Lijaya. Photo courtesy Janet Weese, Weese Paso Fino Farm & Farm Services, as is the one right above of Pintita Fina Pita Pie.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2007

I think this mare is Pure Puerto Rican. Have to double check her lines.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007 edited

This is Carlota del Arco Iris, a double Pegasus Estaban pinto, when she was 6 months old. These lines are usually gaiting machines, and to the lateral, probably due to the amount of Puerto Rican blood, and line-breeding of it. Her father is an excellent blood-lined horse.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2007

Oy! I need to straighten that picture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpatelski
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2007 edited

i'll straighten it!  That's better.

CarlotaDelArcoIris 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2007

Thanks Lulu, glad to see you here. I've been thinking about you the last couple of days; been meaning to email you. How you doin?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2007 edited

Here's Caleidoscopia Sin Par. She has similar bloodlines to Espirito de los Robles. His name got changed. They are both from Hilachoso Sin Par lines close up. She's chestnut, homozygous.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2007 edited

Here's a new recent photo of Pintita and Hechizada Elan (2007). Photo courtesy of Janet Weese. I don't think Janet realizes how great this photo is. I love the contrast in the composition of the old cars in the background with the stately looking, colorful paso finos in the foreground. Excellent.

PintitaHechFrnt.Cars2007.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2007 edited

Out for an evening stroll. Hechizada Elan and Pintita, Anfitrion/Jeronimo Int'l (Capricho Int'l) lines with Hilachoso Cabal. Sire Espirito "Sprito" de los Robles, a very high-spirited, affectionate & loving, high-stepping, fancy largo-strutting, very beautiful black-and-white pinto with multi champions in his pedigree. This filly is loaded to the hilt with champion bloodilnes on both sides. Both parents have high levels of brio. Photo courtesy Janet Weese.
      HechPintitaFrntWalk2.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2007 edited

This is a cutie patootie. Dam is Gracia de Dios HG. She has a great deal of her father in her, Amigo Estelar. Gracia with Amigo have produced pinto, two for two.

GrcePinto 0012.jpg
    • CommentAuthorCielo
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2007 edited

I just got a new pinto mare, her name is Kachina TM and she is a black and white homozygous tobiano. I plan on breeding her to my stallion I have had a couple of years now, his name is Nitro de Carousel.

2.jpg
    • CommentAuthorCielo
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2007

Here is another picture of her.
      3.jpg
    • CommentAuthorCielo

Here is my stallion, Nitro. We are so excited to see the foal.
      n1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorCielo

One more here is Kachinas first foal. He too is homozygous.

val.jpg
    • CommentAuthorCielo

I saw in a previous post about Caleidoscopia Sin Par. My friend use to own her and just sold her. The same friend that owns the homozygous colt from Kachina. I will post a recent picture of her and her 2 foals. Here is Calei with her colt from this year.
      c1.jpg
    • CommentAuthorCielo

Here is Calei's filly from 2005. Kaya!
      k1.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie

Hi Cielo, nice to see you here. Great photos, beautiful horses. I love that photo of mom with colt. That is too precious. Do you have a full body shot of Nitro? Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2007 edited

This is Halago Sin Par, whom I call HalaRgo Sin Par because of his extreme extensions and extreme knee lift, which comes from his Hilachas genetics.. This photo was sent to me quite awhile back. This is a much beloved horse in Switzerland, and Germany/Europe. They love him over there as he has the greatest temperament and is a blast to ride. Espirito de los Robles, pictured below Halago, is Halago's son, and has the same good nature as his father, contrary to ill-started rumors that the horse is dangerous. Espirito is the father of Pintita above (Hechizada). Photo courtesy Janet Weese. This photo was taken in the Spring of 2008.

HalagoSinParMaleRdr.RtFrntUp.jpg
      Sprito.RtSdLargo3.6.08.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2007

Here's "Mr. Danger" himself, Espirito, aka "Sprito."
      Sprito 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2007 edited

No, No, this is not "Dot. Dot. Com," his full sister, but Insolito...de Estaban.  Another nice El Pastor cross with pinto, with a fine blending of top Puerto Rican lines. This horse is described as being 15 hands high.

InsolitoEstaban 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2007 edited

Fuente' de Color, DOB 5/15/90, supposed to be Pure Puerto Rican, mahogany bay, El Hondo X Chiquita Brazo de Oro. Double-bred El Hondo (Boricua) and Careta Princessa. I have a better photo somewhere, but this will have to do for now.
      FuenteDeColor 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2007 edited

Here's a very poor photo of Pegasus de Estaban. I'll have to get better ones. These lines from this horse are very well-gaited ones.

PegasusEstaban.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2007 edited

Padre Diego, Black/White Pinto, DOB 3/12/2000, Adorno de Lusitania (Castellano/Zarina de Lusitania-Pistolero lines) X Florecita de Estaban (Pegasus=Bandolero Royal, Florescencia Por Jubilee (Ladrillo/Toledo lines). Honorable Mention 2003 Nationals, three-year-old Pleasure Schooling Colts & Geldings.

PadreDiego.AdornoLusit.Florec.Esteb. 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2007

Here's a not-so-good photo of Rainforest Bribonzuela, B/W Pinto Stud, DOB 4/19/88, Pegasus Estaban X Amada Pascua Sorpresa (Mariposa de Oro Estaban/CS Dama Negra=Eximio que tal/Poco Joya). Eximio is Hilachas x Guala.
      Bribonzuelo.BWPinto 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2007

Tempestuoso B-B, Avanti del Rosa X Triquena
      TempestuosoB-B.AvantiDelRosa.Triquena.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2007 edited

Glenn Oakes Pintar, a "Charlie" son, who is by Resorte IV.
      GlennOakesPintar.RtSd.Charlie.Pinto 001.jpg
      GlennOakesPintarLftSd.Charlie.Pinto.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2007 edited

Capricho de HG, Black and White Pinto Boy, DOB 5/28/02, GR Chico Magnifico (Concho del Prairie=Ultra Estaban/Lakehart Cidita=Don Cunda/Cafila que tal=Sin Verguenza X Molley Abel Frazier=Don Domino Elegante/Princessa de Cancion) X Danzarina Maravillar (El Banquero con Vivo=Marichal/Escusha que tal X Laureada El Prim=Brillante Negro/ Limosna Wind Song=Eduardo Be LaCE).

Excuse my "crease" por favor.

EDIT: Capricho de HG is part Peruvian through his sire GRAN CHICO MAGNIFICO, through his dam Gloriosa Pintada de Tejas. Her maternal granddam was a Peruvian mare, from Peru, COCA DE BORRASCOSO.

COCA DE BORRASCOSO, from PERU, she is by Palomino X Alta Gracia=? X ?. PALOMINO - Trafalgar X Esterlina (her lines are questionable...Sultan/Esterlina). 2/28/62 is her DOB, PFHA #1953.

This makes Don Domino Elegante part Peruvian, and everything before and after, Gloriosa Pintada de Tejas, Sabado Santa L, who all are in Coca de Borrascoso's lines.

CaprichoHG.Pinto.DebN 001.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2007

Diego de Brando, Pegasus Dos X Ciencia de MiLe. He is pinto, and black, very well-gaited consistently.
      Diego.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008

One of the most famous pintos of all, now deceased unfortunately, Santana del Cardo, DOB 7/7/94 - 2007, RIP, a son of El Jucio (Carmin X Ocala International) and Cezanne de Precipitado.

Santana is the only World Champion Paso Fino Pinto. He won it in Pleasure

SantanaDelCardo.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2008 edited

I think this little tyke, Paradise's Micah, knows what he is all about, yessum', by the way he supports himself, his posture. This is a Charlie (Resorte IV son) grandson (Glen Oaks Pintar = Charlie X La Pinta de Tejas (Plumaje daughter and half Puerto Rican) and Paradise's Autumn Breeze (Fairwind General Gavin=Mar de Plata/ Lunares X Playera (Esplindida=PPR).

Micah's DOB is 2/6/02, PFHA #38984, a glorious Pinto Paso Fino.

ParadiseMicah.jpg
    • CommentAuthorskeeter
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008 edited

La Hija Ultima   (Flint Oak Magic X Ultra Estaban) Granddaughter of Pegasus Estaban through her sire.  On her dam's side, she is a granddaughter of Majestuoso and great granddaughter of El Pastor.

Although she is not homozygous for the Tobiano gene, this mare has been a great producer of color and quality foals.  Before we bought her, she was bred to 3 different stallions all of which were solid color, and produced 1 solid colt and 2 loudly colored Tobiano fillies.  We bred her to a solid dun colored stallion and she had a gorgeous bay Tobiano filly in 2005.  So far she's thrown color 75% of the time - all by solid colored stallions. 

For this year she is bred to a Palomino colored stallion who has a stripe and long socks.  We have to wait until May to find out what pretty package she has for us.

The second photo shows her 10 days before her last filly was born (2005).  She was very round all over!

an_ulti_portrait_text.jpg
      ulti_10days_before_sera.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2008

Skeeter, this is really a nice pinto mare. I remember her from years ago when Debbie had her. I have photos of her from way back then somewhere. I came close to getting her. Whatever happened to that first baby by Fantasma de Casta I think it was. I bet that was one nice foal. I have photos of him also. He was really a nice mover.
    • CommentAuthorskeeter
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008

Rawlie, thank you.  We like her a lot, in large part because of her mostly mellow disposition and she produces nicely gaited, tall babies.  It's is nice that you remember her.  The filly you are thinking of is probably Cielo Grande Miramelinda - a beautiful black/white tobiano.  We got Ulti just after the filly was weaned.  Last I knew the filly had been sold to some folks in Utah and they enjoy her a great deal - she will be 5 this year.  Ulti has also produced one solid colored colt Relente de HG.  I don't know anything about him.  So far all of Ulti's fillies have been colored and her 1 colt was solid.  Hmm? Think there's any significance to that?  We'll know more in May when the next baby arrives.

It's interesting to see Capricho de HG above...  and he carries the Ultra Estaban line also.

•  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2008 edited

Yeah, the Ultra Estaban lines are carried through GR Chico Magnifico, I have these lines. I have photos of Chico somewhere. He was very small, sometimes produced it; he was very pinto-marked from what I recall, had a lot of white, but with a lot of black spotting. He is or was black and white. He also could throw mostly white, if memory serves me correctly, which it may not, lol. He was sold to a man in Florida and was gelded. The lines produce a lot of pinto pattern, with a lot of independent spotting, that you'd think signified homozygosity, but it doesn't; I think it's just because there's so much pinto bred to pinto throughout the lines, along with that particular type spotting. Ulti may produce mostly pinto and mostly fillies; time with more breedings will tell. I think she's one of the nicer pintos because of the mother's line that was brought in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRawlie
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2008

This is Angel. I'll have to get the full name and info on her. She's a  Bay Pinto Paso Fino. Photo courtesy of Janet Weese. Janet says this horse has a lot of white on her with one reddish bay spot. She also has the greatest disposition and produces the same....she's a keeper.

AngelGateCpy1.jpg